Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Internet Marketing Tips - Are Your Goals Based on Reality?

Are your goals based on reality? Odd question? Not really. You can't believe how many Internet marketers I talk to who tell me stuff like, "I'm going to make 7 figures a year after just my first year online." I then ask, "Is that your goal?" Their answer is yes. Well, it's a great goal to have. Nothing wrong with having them. As a matter of fact, without them, you're just fumbling in the dark. But are your goals based on reality? And if not, does it matter? Everybody is going to have their own opinion on this subject. I'm going to offer mine.

I have a lot of respect for somebody who has big goals. When I first started online, I had a very small goal to start with...just make some money. I was out of work and hoping just to be able to show myself that it was possible to make a living online. Once I saw that it was, I then shot for bigger goals. I graduated from one level to the next and I did it very slowly. I am still doing that as I am writing this.

The reason I believe this is a "better" way to go about it is simple. If you were to decide, right from the start, that you wanted to make a million dollars a year, and your first year you only made about $20,000, wouldn't you be at least a little disappointed? I know I would. But if you kept your goals modest, that $20,000 might look like a fortune to you.

But there is another side to this and it's what I call the "reality" side. It's one thing to say you're going to make so much money marketing, but what's your plan for pulling it off? Have you mapped out the specs? Is your million dollar plan actually based in reality? Is it doable? Or are you just wishing? See, things just don't happen. YOU have to make them happen. Anybody can say, "I want to make a million dollars this year." But without a clear cut plan to back it up, it's not going to happen.

There is nothing wrong with thinking "big" and certainly I am not trying to discourage anybody from doing that. Just understand that behind every big goal is a workable plan.

Don't leave home without yours.

To YOUR Success,

Steven Wagenheim

Want to get your business off on the right foot? Tired of spinning your wheels? Go to http://www.nichetoolkit.com/ and sign up for early bird admission into the complete solution for your training, product and promotion needs.

No comments:

Custom Search